Private Meeting with Associate Justice
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
United States Supreme Court, Washington, D.C.
Admission to Practice Before the United States Supreme Court
Monday, November 18, 2013
Admission upon oral motion to the United States
Supreme Court Bar before the Justices of the U.S.
Supreme Court* and Private reception with Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
*Already admitted members of the Supreme Court Bar will be seated in the Attorney’s Section in the
Chamber while Court is in session.*
The trip includes:
1) Full catered breakfast at the U.S. Supreme Court
2) Private reception with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
3) Five Star Dinner at a historical venue in the nation's capitol
4) MCLE luncheon
5) Meetings with representatives on the Hill (at the availability of our representatives)
6) Transportation to The Court, to lunch and to the Capitol Building
7) Docent lead tour of the Capitol Building
8) Docent lead tour of the Supreme Court
9) Attendance at Oral argument, if scheduled.
Optional tours and theatre events pending, at additional cost.
Early registration for the 8th Annual BHBA Admission to the Supreme Court is $800 per applicant,
and $400 per guest until June 30, 2013. Beginning July 1, 2013, registration will be $900 per
applicant and $500 per guest. Registration will close August 31, 2013.
Registration price is exclusive of the US Supreme Court Application fee, airfare, hotel and other
expenses, which are the responsibility of each attendee.
Admission to the US Supreme Court requires that:
1. The Applicant to be in good standing with the Supreme Court of his or her state for at least the
preceding three years; and
2. The signature of two sponsors, known personally by the Applicant, who are both members of
the US Supreme Court Bar. For more information on the admission process and to obtain US
Supreme Court applications: http://www.supremecourtus.gov/bar/baradmissions.html
Registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
1. Completed U.S. Supreme Court Applications, including sponsors’ original signatures;
2. Certificates of Good Standing from the highest court in the state in which they have been
admitted for a minimum of three years;
3. Checks payable to the US Supreme Court; and
4. BHBA Registration Fees
Must arrive at the BHBA offices no later than SEPTEMBER 1, 2013.
Space is limited to 25 applicants. Applicants are entitled to one guest in the Supreme Court
Chamber to witness the swearing in. Because space within the Courtroom Chamber is limited,
on the day of the oral admission, more than one guest per registrant may be admitted into the
Chamber, but cannot be guaranteed. Seating for those additional guests during the Admission
Ceremony will be determined immediately after breakfast that morning, space permitting.
Submit your completed registration form, along with your payment, to:
Beverly Hills Bar Association
9420 Wilshire Blvd, Second Floor,
Beverly Hills, California 90212
Attention: Pamela Weston
Please make checks payable to the BHBA and indicate "U.S. Supreme Court Admission" on the
Registration is on a first come, first served basis, until the maximum 25 have been received. We
reserve the right, if necessary, to cancel this event upon ample notice and to return all monies
received. Detailed instructions, final itinerary and trip details will be provided upon completion
of the registration process and confirmation to the 25 participants. The confirmed scheduled
group dates are Sunday and Monday, November 17 and 18, 2013.
50% refund upon receipt of written notice of intent to cancel by August 1, 2013.
25% refund upon receipt of written notice to intent to cancel by September 1, 2013.
Refunds are also subject to any and all fees assessed to the BHBA as a result of cancellation
of hotel rooms, meal reservations, etc.
Reservations will not be held or confirmed without full payment.
For further information, contact Linda E. Spiegel, Esq. (310) 860-5181 or email@example.com
Click here for registration form.